Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lexon travel clock

I am very "productive" lately (or maybe just wasteful with my time): this is my sixth post in as many consecutive days.

I recently "discovered", in a design shop, this great looking travel clock made by Lexon.















Things I like about it:
  • beautiful shape/form/dimensions (low profile, small, light) and nice finish (brushed aluminum);
  • apparent simplicity, with just one large(ish) button on the top and the lesser-used buttons placed on the bottom;
  • LCD screen covering the whole face, showing more than the time (date, day, temperature, alarm);
  • low consumption; powered by 2 CR2032 batteries, one for the clock, the other for the LCD backlight;
  • attention to detail is everywhere, including the bottom rubber bumpers: the front ones are higher than the back ones, as seen in the next photo.



















This Lexon clock should be good inspiration for clock makers and clock designers.
I hope one day my Wise Clock N will be as great as this is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment