- added photos to "Assembling Duino644", also clearing out a confusion about the orientation of the infrared receiver;
- corrected the (blindly copied from sanguino.cc) pin diagram in "Duino644 - Use it";
- added photo to "Testing Duino644 - RTC and EEPROM".
The new software release can be downloaded from here. Most of the items on a previous "to do" list have been addressed. Following are the items I managed to do so far:
- included Tone library (written by B. Hagman) to generate alarm sounds;
- implemented functionality for the three buttons (Menu, Set, Plus);
- removed the branching for ATmega328 (#ifdef _ATMEGA328P_), since many of the features won't fit in its RAM anyway;
- ability to set up the date the same way as the time, through the file time.txt on the SD card;
- display notification when the SD card is not inserted (or, to be more accurate, file quotes.txt is not found);
- implemented sleep mode (more work is required for waking up from sleep mode with the remote control);
- scrolling speed adjustable through 1-button (Plus) pushes;
- dimming adjustable through 1-button (Set) pushes;
- select to display the date or not;
- ability to set the alarm time;
- enable/disable alarm.
(Details and explanations to follow.)