A week ago I received a version of the Wise Clock 2 code, improved and enhanced by MarkS. This library is posted here as well (together with the others, for historical reasons, let's say).
The new features implemented by Mark are:
- ability to set the time through the buttons (instead of only through teh time.txt file on the SD card) ;
- when setting the time, either current or alarm, the part (hours or minutes) being set is blinking;
- time is displayed in either 12 or 24 hour format, as chosen through a menu option.
Starting from Mark's changes, I restructured the latest code a bit, trying, in a hurry, an object-oriented approach. I also implemented a couple of new features:
- quotes.txt now allows for lines to be commented out, so they don't get displayed;
- a personalized message (e.g. "Happy birthday!", "Merry Christmas"), defined by the user in a file on SD card, can now be displayed between quotations, similar to the date.
In the new library, Wise4Sure.pde has become very light and streamlined. The clock's functionality is now "encapsulated" in aptly named (I hope) files. Macrodefinitions are now scattered through the files, somewhat intuitively. For example, the macro _GREEN_DISPLAY_ is now found in HT1632.h file, which only deals with the display. (The ht1632 code is still the old bunch of C functions, no class at the moment.)
The OO Wise Clock 2 library can be downloaded from the same place as the others, here.